International Agricultural Economics TSAU-IAMO Joint Department
The joint department was established on the basis of an agreement signed between the Tashkent State Agrarian University (TSAU) and the Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO) (Germany) in 2018. The students and researchers of the joint department work on various topics related to climate change, resource economics and the globalisation of food supply chains. The students of the department are jointly supervised by Uzbek and German professors and scientists.
Head of joint department
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Thomas Glaube, Director IAMO, Professor at MLU Halle
- Dr. Lena Kuhn
- Sanjar Adilov
- Sirojiddin Eshmatov
- Selected publications Bobojonov, Ihtiyor; Duric, Ivan; Glauben, Thomas (2020) Heterogeneous impact of price spikes across countries and supply chain actors: An evidence from Central Asia and the Caucasus. A review. Agricultural Economics-Zemědělská Ekonomika 66 (2): 92-103.
- Schierhorn, Florian; Hofmann, Max; Adrian, Inken; Bobojonov, Ihtiyor; Müller, Daniel (2020) Spatially varying impacts of climate change on wheat and barley yields in Kazakhstan. Journal of Arid Environments 178
- Tleubayev, Alisher; Bobojonov, Ihtiyor; Gagalyuk, Taras; Glauben, Thomas (2020) Board gender diversity and firm performance: evidence from the Russian agri-food industry. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review 23 (1): 35-53.
- Bobojonov, Ihtiyor; Kuhn, Lena; Eltazarov, Sarvarbek; Moritz, Laura; Glauben, Thomas (2020) Agricultural insurance markets: From index design to farmers‘ adoption. Virtual Seminars on Applied Economics and Policy Analysis in Central Asia, Online, Deutschland.
- Egamberdiev, Bekhzod; Bobojonov, Ihtiyor; Glauben, Thomas; Kuhn, Lena (2020) Attitudes toward gender-roles in Kyrgyzstan and nutritional outcomes: Latent profile analysis. IAMO Forum 2020: Digital transformation - towards sustainable food value chains in Eurasia, Halle (Saale), Deutschland.
Guest lecturers from foreign universities
- Dr. P. Michael Schmitz - Justus-Liebig-University Giessen.
“Applied Welfare Economics and Agricultural Policy Analysis”, 23-28 September, 2019. Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Professor Michael Grings - Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg.
“Price Formation and Price Policy: An Introduction to the Analysis of Agricultural Markets”, 25 – 30 November, 2019. Tashkent, Uzbekistan.